- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Texas and New Mexico
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (TSCPA)
- University of the Southwest Alumni Association
- University of the Southwest Board of Directors, Past Chair of Finance Committee
- University of the Southwest Alumni Association, Past President Hobbs Jaycees, Past President
- My Power (Hobbs, New Mexico)
- Founding Member/Former Member
- University of the Southwest
- Bachelor of Business Administration (1998)
- Alumni of the Year
New Mexico Junior College
- Associate of Applied Science (1995)
“I like to look at every opportunity as an educational opportunity for both the client and myself. It is important to gain an understanding of the client’s operations, challenges, and needs. I want to be able to offer solutions to make the client’s day-to-day operations as easy and efficient as possible.”
Alita joined Goldin Peiser & Peiser in 2017 and is a manager for CFO Advisory Services where she supervises and trains members of the accounting department and serves as the firm’s manufacturing niche leader. Among her other responsibilities, she is charged with expanding the firm’s CFO Advisory Services offerings. Previous to her work at GPP, Alita spent six years as a controller, five years as a CFO, and eight years providing audit, tax, and special engagement services for clients in a variety of industries, and has extensive knowledge in the auto and manufacturing industries.
Alita describes herself as adaptable; her teammates consider her positive and a team player—she is always willing to help. She attributes her success to her love for learning; she thrives in an environment where she can grow and learn every day. Alita was inspired to pursue a career in accounting when she felt an immediate connection upon taking her first accounting class in junior high. After her team placed first in an “Accounting Bowl” put on by New Mexico Junior College, she met the school’s accounting professor, and he became a role model and mentor for her along her educational journey.
Born and raised in Hobbs, a small town in southeastern New Mexico, Alita loves her current home in Dallas because of the hustle and bustle of the city and the easy access to a variety of activities and restaurants. In her free time, she enjoys photography, traveling, and spending quality time with her friends and family.