- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Texas
- Masters in Taxation
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Private Practice Section Member, Taxation
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants (TSCPA)
- IRS Relations Committee Member
- Washington School of Law, Master of Science, Taxation, 1996
- The University of Texas at Arlington, Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting, 1973
Honors and Achievements:
- Honors Graduate in Accountancy
Sidney’s Practice Area(s) Include:
“I strive to be a tough advocate for my clients and will fight hard to improve their IRS situation. I am truly dedicated to my work and love what I do.”
Sidney co-founded Goldin Peiser & Peiser in 1994. As a partner, he oversees the firm’s IRS Help: Representation and Defense practice and is responsible for representing clients in audit, collection, IRS appeals and when necessary, at the IRS national office level in Washington, D.C. He is skilled in numerous practice areas, including trust fund recovery penalties, offers in compromise, general penalty defense, innocent spouse representation, audit representation and collection defense.
Prior to co-founding Goldin Peiser & Peiser, Sidney was an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) agent for four years. He also has many years of experience working for various CPA firms as a tax manager. His overwhelming passion and dedication to this industry has translated into numerous successes and achievements over the years. He once represented a nursing home chain that owed the IRS $2.4 million in undeposited payroll taxes and won a settlement for $380,000 to be paid over 36 months. He also represented an aerospace defense contractor that had been assessed $1 million in penalties in a case that he settled for $300,000.
Sidney was born in New York City, but grew up in Texas. He currently lives in Plano, where he enjoys the beautiful weather (except during the hot summer months) and the fantastic people. Sidney is an avid sports fan and loves to play basketball, where he is known for being a great three-point shooter.